Odpovědět 

Hodnocení tématu:
  • 0 Hlasů - 0 Průměr
The director of Jiro Dreams Of Sushi made a film about Singapore’s chicken rice using
26-04-2022, 09:39 AM
Příspěvek: #1
The director of Jiro Dreams Of Sushi made a film about Singapore’s chicken rice using
The director of Jiro Dreams Of Sushi made a film about Singapore’s chicken rice using his phone

[Obrázky: chicken_rice_short_film.jpeg?itok=vExhWY9O]

In a diverse food haven like Singapore, chances are our cameras eat before we do. Whether we're digging into our favourite hawker food or treating ourselves to something fancier, it's almost second nature to take out our phones for a snap or two first.

โหลด xo are gambling games that no one knows. Because it is a new type of gambling game, more modern than ever. Easy to play, quick money, less investment, good returns. A wide range of games to choose from

So it's no surprise when an award-winning food documentarian does the same. Except that David Gelb took it further by actually shooting a short film with his.

The American director behind the critically acclaimed movie Jiro Dreams Of Sushi, as well as the popular Netflix food series Chef's Table and Street Food, recently released Poached. The five-minute film on YouTube puts the spotlight on Singapore's iconic Hainanese chicken rice, as well as the fierce competition between two famous Maxwell Food Centre stalls: Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice and Ah Tai Hainanese Chicken Rice.

So, what’s Gelb’s secret recipe in making this particular chicken rice story?

“I think it's all about story, character and passion,” said Gelb, who shot the film entirely on his iPhone 13 Pro. “(So many people are) passionate about chicken rice – the hawkers who make chicken rice are incredibly passionate about it, and the people who eat it and enjoy it are passionate about finding their favourite one and supporting their favourite chicken rice vendor.”

He continued: “And I think that throughout all of my work, from Jiro to Chef's Table and Street Food on Netflix and now to Poached with Apple and iPhone, it's really about following characters who are obsessed, who are passionate about what they do. And that is an infectious quality. It's something that is so exciting and entertaining to watch. And then when you have that kind of character plus delicious food it's really a winning kind of recipe. It's something that I've applied through all of my work.”
Vyhledat všechny příspěvky tohoto uživatele
Odpovědět s citací příspěvku
Odpovědět 

Skok na fórum:

Uživatel(é) prohlížející si toto téma: 1 Host(é)