Odpovědět 

Hodnocení tématu:
  • 0 Hlasů - 0 Průměr
On the night Alex Ovechkin reached
14-05-2019, 03:36 AM
Příspěvek: #1
On the night Alex Ovechkin reached
WASHINGTON (AP) one milestone Gordie Howe Jersey , his goal-scoring prowess moved him closer to another.Ovechkin added to his NHL lead with two goals while tying the Washington record for most games played, and the Capitals beat the Buffalo Sabres 5-1 on Saturday.”In this day and age, there are not a lot of players with the same team. Those days are probably past a little bit,” Capitals coach Barry Trotz said. ”He’s durable. Those two combinations have had a big impact on the franchise for a long time now.”Evgeny Kuznetsov scored 50 seconds into the game and had two assists. Andre Burakovsky and Lars Eller also had goals for Washington, which leapfrogged Pittsburgh and moved back into first place in the Metropolitan Division. The Capitals had lost two in a row and five of seven.Ovechkin’s 37th goal came on the power play with 9:47 remaining after Buffalo closed to 2-1 on Sam Reinhart’s goal 14 seconds into the third period. Ovechkin redirected a shot past Sabres goaltender Robin Lehner with 1:24 left for his 38th goal.The 32-year-old Ovechkin played in his 983rd NHL game, tying Calle Johansson for most in Capitals history.”I’m getting old, you know?” Ovechkin joked. ”Soon it’s going to be 1,000. That’s a pretty big number for games. I’m pretty happy to reach that milestone with one organization. It’s pretty cool.”Ovechkin holds franchise records for goals (596) and points (1,105). He is four goals from becoming the 20th player in NHL history with 600.”When you get closer Authentic Gustav Nyquist Jersey , you want it done earlier,” Ovechkin said. ”You’re stuck at 599, you want to pass it. Hoping in a couple of games I will have it done and we move forward.”The Sabres held out forward Evander Kane. He could be dealt by Monday’s trade deadline.”Management thought it was the best decision moving forward and the best decision for Evander,” coach Phil Housley said before the game.Philipp Grubauer made 28 saves for his third win in three starts. Grubauer’s previous victory came against Buffalo, 3-2 on Monday.Washington held off Buffalo after allowing two third-period goals in Thursday’s 3-2 loss at Florida.The Sabres struggled defensively against Washington’s speed.”Focus a little bit more on the defensive end to start the game,” Reinhart said. ”I think we gave them too much respect.”After receiving the puck outside the blue line, Kuznetsov darted to the left of Lehner, cut across the middle and then patiently held the puck until Lehner committed. Kuznetsov knocked the puck into the open net for a 1-0 lead.Burakovsky’s spectacular goal began with him evading four defenders before nudging a backhand into the left corner.”We didn’t check well enough to take away their speed,” Housley said. ”I just feel there were some guys not ready to play tonight.”NOTES: Buffalo was 5-0-1 in its previous six road games. … Washington won the season series 2-1. … Kane Womens Henrik Zetterberg Jersey , who can become an unrestricted free agent this summer, ranks second on the Sabres behind injured Jack Eichel with 20 goals. Kane is third in points (44) behind Eichel and Ryan O’Reilly. … Brett Connolly, Dmitry Orlov, Matt Niskanen and John Carlson had assists for Washington. … Buffalo’s last win at Washington came on Nov. 22, 2014.UP NEXTPanthers: Host the Boston Bruins on Sunday evening.Capitals: At the Columbus Blue Jackets on Monday night.— After being blanked by Robin Lehner earlier this month, the San Jose Sharks may not get the chance to earn a win over the New York Islanders? new starting goalie this season.Coming off their best game of the season, the Sharks wrap up a two-game homestand against the Islanders on Saturday night.On Oct. 8 — and in his New York debut — Lehner posted his ninth career shutout as the Isles won 4-0. The Swedish veteran made 16 of his 35 saves in the final 20 minutes.Article continues below ...But he may not be available when New York (3-3-0) and San Jose (3-3-1) tangle at SAP Center.Lehner (2-1-0, 2.09 goals-against average, .935 save percentage) took a puck off the mask in the third period of Thursday’s 7-2 rout of the Los Angeles Kings. Coach Barry Trotz didn’t immediately say if Lehner would be available Saturday Jimmy Howard Jersey , saying “we’ll see where he is.”If Lehner cannot go, then Thomas Griess would likely get the nod against his former team. The native of West Germany was 17-16-3 with a 2.52 GAA and one shutout in 44 games (32 starts) with San Jose between 2008 and 2013.Griess stopped all five shots he faced against the Kings and has surrendered eight tallies in four games (three starts).Whoever gets the nod in net, he’ll face a San Jose team that returned from a middling five-game road trip and used a three-goal third period to top the Buffalo Sabres, 5-1, on Thursday.“We created enough offense on the road trip to score goals. We didn’t score. We had to stick with it. We did tonight. We got rewarded and hopefully we can carry that over,” Sharks coach Peter DeBoer said.Logan Couture recorded his third career hat trick and first since Nov. 21, 2017, against the Islanders.The veteran center has seven points (five goals, two assists) in 11 career games versus New York Jonathan Ericsson Jersey , but only a goal and an assist in five matchups at SAP Center.After being held off the scoresheet against New York less than two weeks ago, Norris Trophy-winning defenseman Brent Burns has six assists in a four-game streak.The Islanders go for a split of their four-game road trip after setting a season-high for goals scored on Thursday. Valterri Filppula led the way with two goals and an assist, while Scott Mayfield set a career best with three assists.“The biggest thing is winning. That’s really all I care about. It doesn’t matter how many points I have,” Mayfield said.Mayfield has a goal and four assists through four games. He had five goals and 17 assists in 83 games from 2013 through last season. His only during this campaign came against the Sharks.While it’s still early, other veteran Islanders are overachieving.Filppula has four goals in six game after notching 11 in 81 contests with the Philadelphia Flyers last season. Casey Czikas has goals each of his last two games, giving him three in five games. Czikas pro has never scored more than nine goals in a season.“I have to trust everybody can play. I have to trust that everybody can contribute. If we can do that, then we’re going to be a hard team to play against,” Trotz said.The Islanders have outscored the Sharks, 12-4 Womens Justin Abdelkader Jersey , while winning each of the last three meetings. New York is also looking to win two straight in northern California for the first time since Dec. 15, 1998, and Jan. 29, 2000.
Vyhledat všechny příspěvky tohoto uživatele
Odpovědět s citací příspěvku
Odpovědět 

Skok na fórum:

Uživatel(é) prohlížející si toto téma: 1 Host(é)