Odpovědět 

Hodnocení tématu:
  • 0 Hlasů - 0 Průměr
Irelands race walker Rob Heffernan is on the verge of receiving an Olympic bronze wit
12-09-2018, 10:22 AM
Příspěvek: #1
Irelands race walker Rob Heffernan is on the verge of receiving an Olympic bronze wit
Irelands race walker Rob Heffernan is on the verge of receiving an Olympic bronze with Russian doping cheat Sergey Kirdyapkin set to be stripped of his London 2012 gold. Taven Bryan Jersey . Heffernan finished fourth in the 50km race walk at the London Games, as well as ninth in the 20km distance. But a ruling by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) on Thursday has cleared the way for 50km winner Kirdyapkin to have his gold taken away. It is expected to be re-allocated to runner-up Jared Tallent of Australia, with Chinas Si Tianfeng bumped up to silver and Heffernan to bronze.The CAS decision is still subject to ratification by track and fields governing body, the IAAF, and by the International Olympic Committee. Sergey Kirdyapkin finishing first in the London 2012 Olympics Kirdyapkin failed a doping test in January 2015 but his ban issued by Russian anti-doping agency RUSADA only included periods from July 2009 to June 2012, and from October 2012 onwards - allowing him to keep his Olympic title.The CAS has now upheld appeals by the IAAF on Kirdyapkin and five other Russian athletes on the grounds that RUSADA had been selective in annulling their previous results after they were banned for irregularities in their biological passports.Heffernan told Irish radio station Today FM: Im buzzing. I got a generic email off the Court of Arbitration for Sport (containing the judgment).I had to read it a few times just in case I made a mistake.That makes me an Olympic bronze medallist and its unreal. Australias Jared Tallent (gold vest) and Irelands Rob Heffernan (green) at the 2015 World Championships The 38-year-old, who also competed at the 2000, 2004 and 2008 Olympics, won World Championship gold in 2013, and is in training for Rio, has previously been upgraded to a 2010 European bronze thanks to another Russian doping offence.He added: Its been dragging on and people in Cork have been coming up and congratulating me on being a new Olympic medallist.A lot of people were congratulating me on the gold and I never bothered correcting them.I was half living the lie. I was trying to believe it myself. Now that its made official, I didnt know how Id feel about it. Im delighted, Im over the moon, its unreal.Its something that as long as Ive been doing sport and as a kid Ive been dreaming of, winning an Olympic medal, and now to have one its hard to take in.Tallent took to Twitter to say: History has been rewritten. I am Olympic champion. Olga Kaniskina looks set to lose her London 2012 silver medal As well as Kirdyapkin, Olga Kaniskina now stands to lose her silver medal in the London 2012 20km walk, with it going instead to Chinas Qiejang Shenjie.From the 2011 World Championships in Daegu, South Korea, Sergey Bakulin looks set to lose his 50km walk gold, and Yuliya Zaripova her steeplechase gold.The CAS also imposed disqualification on walkers Valery Borchin and Vladimir Kanaikin. Kanaikin had been handed a life ban by RUSADA but CAS replaced that with an eight-year suspension.The six cases were based on the biological passport system, which tracks unusual blood values for signs of doping.RUSADA had argued that its suspensions applied only to times when the athletes blood values were extreme, but the IAAF said the timing of the bans was selective. D.J. Hayden Jersey . Globo TV and other news outlets said early Monday that Scolari will not remain as coach after the national teams failure to win the World Cup at home. Austin Seferian-Jenkins Jersey .Bekker was added Wednesday in exchange for allocation money after two seasons with Toronto. The native of Canada had 29 MLS appearances, including 16 starts. Hes also played in 13 games for the Canadian national team. http://www.footballjaguarsprostore.com/r...rs-jersey/ . Austin does not believe the game-time temperature is going to be an advantage for either side heading into the Grey Cup. "We dont think about (the cold)," said Austin. "Im not even sure how you would determine an advantage.On this weeks TSNFC podcast we spent a long time discussing the handball decision that effectively ended Vancouver Whitecaps season. Much has been said and written about whether or not World Cup referee Mark Geiger made the right call to penalize Kendall Waston in last weeks playoff match at Dallas, with many differing opinions on the matter. There doesnt seem to be a consensus, although Geigers boss - referees chief Peter Walton - said it was the correct decision and a standard call. As a veteran Premier League referee who now runs the Professional Referees Organization in North America, Waltons opinion should be respected, but the controversy surrounding the decision - and many other handball decisions we see all over the world each week - could easily be avoided if there were a change to the law. In my view, there are two things wrong with the current law. Firstly, the punishment doesnt fairly reflect the size of the crime. Secondly, there is too much room for interpretation of the referee which makes consistency of decisions almost impossible. Here are the main points of the current FIFA Law: Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with his hand or arm. The referee must take the following into consideration: ? the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand) ? the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball) ? the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an infringement Deliberate - done consciously and intentionally I dont think Kendall Waston made a conscious and intentional decision to handle the ball inside the penalty area in the last 10 minutes of a playoff match. In my mind it was a momentary lapse in concentration from the towering defender rather than a deliberate act. In relation to this law, it seems deliberate can also mean a player didnt react quickly enough to move his hand/arm out of the way of the ball. But the fact the law allows such ambiguity means officials are in the spotlight more than necessary whether or not they get the decision right. There must be a bettter way. Taven Bryan Jaguars Jersey. Although video replays will certainly assist officials decision making in other areas, in the instance of Waston it wouldnt have made much difference because even with review, the decision would have been made depending on the officials interpretation of the law. One suggestion I have seen is to award a penalty anytime the ball hits a hand or arm inside the area whether it is intentional or not. A clear rule - it doesnt matter how it happens, if the ball strikes the hand, it is a penalty. Theres very little room for argument and interpretation there, but I think it would lead to far too many penalties and also an excessive number of game changing moments. Again, the punishment wouldnt match the offence. New Law So how about this. In order to provide clarity, I would be in favour of a rule change along the following lines: Anytime a player makes contact with the ball inside the penalty area with his hand or arm, an indirect free kick will be given. There is no room for interpretation - if it hits the arm or hand whether deliberate or not, it is an indirect free kick. There is one exception. If a player handles the ball to prevent a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity, a penalty is given. With this rule applied, Kendall Wastons handball would have been penalized with an indirect free kick, still giving the opposing team the benefit of a set piece close to goal but eliminating the need for a referee to award a penalty for an incident that was not going to end in a goal. For me, that far better reflects the size of the infringement and also would remove much of the debate surrounding penalty kicks awarded for handball. Im not na?ve enough to expect that changing the law would eliminate all problems. Im sure in some instances there would still be controversy and debate surrounding what is or isnt an obvious goal scoring opportunity. But I believe it would drastically decrease the amount of times a game is decided by a referees decision and therefore lead to more post-game talk about players instead of officiating – and that can only be a good thing. Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Browns Jerseys Cheap Texans Jerseys Cheap Ravens Jerseys Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Titans Jerseys Cheap Chiefs Jerseys Cheap Bills Jerseys Cheap Colts Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jerseys Cheap Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Falcons Jerseys Cheap Bengals Jerseys ' ' '
Vyhledat všechny příspěvky tohoto uživatele
Odpovědět s citací příspěvku
Odpovědět 

Skok na fórum:

Uživatel(é) prohlížející si toto téma: 1 Host(é)