Odpovědět 

Hodnocení tématu:
  • 0 Hlasů - 0 Průměr
BEREA, Ohio -- Johnny Football fell and landed in the Dawg Pound. [url=http://www.ste
23-08-2018, 07:59 AM
Příspěvek: #1
BEREA, Ohio -- Johnny Football fell and landed in the Dawg Pound. [url=http://www.ste
BEREA, Ohio -- Johnny Football fell and landed in the Dawg Pound. Chukwuma Okorafor Steelers Jersey . Johnny Manziel, college footballs most entertaining player with the reputation for pulling off magical plays, was selected with the No. 22 overall pick in the NFL draft on Thursday night by the Cleveland Browns, who hope they have finally found their franchise quarterback. Manziel sat patiently in the wings at Radio City Music Hall, waiting nearly three hours for his name to be called as everyone from Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers to the leagues official Twitter account tweeted about him squirming in his chair backstage. Then the Browns, who made two earlier trades, made another one with Philadelphia and selected the polarizing and electrifying 6-footer. Manziel walked onto the stage to meet Commissioner Roger Goodell and rubbed his fingers together, a signature "money" gesture that endeared him to some fans and annoyed others. In Cleveland, some Browns backers celebrated Manziels selection like the team had just won the Super Bowl. Of course, the Browns have never even made it to the NFLs showcase event and havent won a title since 1964 -- a golden anniversary that will arrive in December. But Manziel brings hope to a city that has witnessed little but losing since the Browns returned as an expansion team in 1999. Manziel now must back up the hype around him. "The team obviously wants to win and wants to win now," Manziel said on a conference call. "Ive been a winner everywhere Ive been. Im ready to work extremely hard. " Manziels size scared away some teams, but he believes his playmaking skills translate to the pro game. "Im used to that by now," Manziel said. "Ive been scrutinized and nitpicked. Ive proven it from my first year to my next and I always get better." Manziel is expected to compete with starter Brian Hoyer, who showed promise last season before suffering a knee injury. Manziel brings an instantaneous buzz and national relevance to the Browns, who have made the playoffs just once since 1999 and have lost at least 11 games in each of the past six seasons. Cleveland is on its third coach in three years, but Mike Pettine is inheriting a team with potential and five Pro Bowlers on its roster. And now, hes got Manziel -- and the circus that will come along with him. The Browns have to hope the No. 22 pick doesnt haunt them again. Thats the pick they also used on quarterback Brady Quinn, whose first-round slide in 2007 was similar to Manziels drop, and they also drafted Brandon Weeden two years ago. He was released in March. Theres no doubt Manziel will help sell tickets and his jersey will be coveted by every young Cleveland fan. But what remains to be seen is if he can win. Earlier, as Manziel waited, the Browns made two trades and selected Oklahoma State cornerback Justin Gilbert with the No. 8 pick. With the first deal of the draft, the Browns moved down five spots and acquired Buffalos No. 9 pick and first- and fourth-round picks next year. Cleveland then swapped picks with Minnesota, acquiring a fifth-rounder before taking Gilbert, who they plan to play on the opposite side of Pro Bowler Joe Haden. "Hes long. Hes fast. Hes explosive. Hes a playmaker," general manager Ray Farmer said of Gilbert. "Hes got great arm length. Hes got the speed. Hes got the ball skills. I know some people have questioned his tackling. We cover like Browns, tackling was good, but it doesnt necessarily need to be great." Gilbert scoffed at critics who say hes a weak tackler. "Ive heard it before," he said. "Its something that doesnt bother me at all because I know I can tackle." Gilbert wasnt sure the Browns were that interested in him until he was getting ready to head to New York. "Its a dream come true," Gilbert said in a conference call. "I became friends with him (Haden) not too long ago and hes a great guy and Im looking forward to playing with him." The 6-foot, 202-pound Gilbert had seven interceptions last season, returning two for touchdowns. "I pretty much can do it all," Gilbert said. "Im an all-around cornerback." Cleveland entered the most important draft in its expansion era with 10 picks, ample ammunition for Farmer, promoted when president Joe Banner and GM Michael Lombardi were fired in February, to add talent and depth to a team that went 4-12 last season and fired coach Rob Chudzinski. During the winter, the Browns, who entered the draft with five of the first 83 picks, did an exhaustive study on quarterbacks with Louisvilles Teddy Bridgewater reportedly emerging as the top candidate. In the end, Manziel was their man. Jon Bostic Jersey .com) - The Winnipeg Jets got over one hurdle by snapping their longest losing streak of the season. Joe Haden Jersey . Kelli Stack and Alex Carpenter also scored for the Americans, who avoided a repeat of Finlands upset at the Four Nations Cup in Lake Placid, N.Y., in November. Finnish goalie Noora Raty made 58 saves in that one, but the three-time Olympian could stop just 40 of 43 U. http://www.steelerspronfl.com/Youth-Joe-...te-Jersey/ .com) - Nicklas Backstrom scored a pair of goals and Alex Ovechkin notched a highlight-reel tally, leading the Washington Capitals to a 4-0 victory over the New Jersey Devils on Saturday at the Prudential Center.When the clock strikes noon, money will be thrown like crazy ... as usual. Even with the salary cap being set lower than many general managers expected and hoped for at $69 million and whats considered a shallow pool of top-end players available, this unrestricted-free-agent period figures to follow the familiar script of teams bidding up prices to keep up with each other. "You have to be prepared rightly or wrongly to overspend and to give more term than you probably would want to," Boston Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli said on a conference call last week. "That doesnt mean you dont make a good deal, its just the deal is probably pricier than you would like." Bad contracts of years past are being revisited now as theyre bought out, like the Buffalo Sabres getting out from the rest of Ville Leinos deal or the New York Rangers having little choice but to cut ties with Brad Richards. Last years madness included Mike Ribeiro getting $22 million over four seasons, and last week he was bought out. "It is a time where I think the day after some of these contracts are signed, people go, Hmmm, and sit back and think," Winnipeg Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff said last week in Philadelphia. "Thats the age were living in. Thats the nature of it." The teams that sign winger Thomas Vanek, centre Paul Stastny, defenceman Matt Niskanen hope their investments prove more sound. Those three players lead the crop, followed by wingers Matt Moulson and Jarome Iginla, centre Dave Bolland, defencemen Christian Ehrhoff and Dan Boyle and goaltenders Ryan Miller and Jonas Hiller. Already, before teams are free to sign players at noon Tuesday, over $1.1 billion has been spent to retain potential unrestricted free agents at an average cost of $3.57 million, according to CapGeek. Many of the top free agents will get more money than that on an annual basis, just based on the market value. Still, Chiarelli believes its possible to spend smart money in free agency. "As long as the expectations are in place and you know the player that youre getting, I wouldnt necessarily call it a bad deal," he said. "It may be in five years if it is a bad deal, but it is something that can help your team and you just have to be cautious of the hysteria that happens." The hysteria started early this year thanks to the new five-day window teams and pending unrestricted free agents have to talk before dealss can get signed. Jon Bostic Steelers Jersey. . Theyve been free to discuss fits and salary parameters, just not agree verbally or in principle. It seems to have given players more leverage than before because they can consider options rather than make a quick decision on July 1. For teams, the negotiating period is still a work in progress. "Its useful in that you can lay some plans and some groundwork," Toronto Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis said last week in Philadelphia. "Whether it helps in getting players in or not, I think that remains to be seen.” Compliance buyouts have also changed the landscape, pouring more players like Richards, Ehrhoff, ex-Vancouver Canucks winger David Booth and ex-New Jersey Devils defenceman Anton Volchenkov into the market. Those players can double-dip on pay cheques, while their former teams can allocate the saved salary-cap space elsewhere. The Buffalo Sabres have the most cap space, according to CapGeek, with almost $39 million. They need to spend more than $20 million just to get to the $51-million floor. First-time GM Tim Murray isnt worried about needing to get to the floor, nor is he scared of the perils of free agency. "I dont think its dangerous. I go back to my old cliche: evaluate properly and its never dangerous," Murray said Saturday in Philadelphia. "If you fall in love with the flavour of the week, it could be very dangerous. "But do your homework. Evaluate players properly. Go after the right players, which doesnt mean its the top guy on somebody elses list. Its who you feel is the right guy." The negotiating window has shed some light on the idea that some guys are wanted by a lot of teams. Niskanens agent, Neil Sheehy, said in an email that more than 10 teams had shown interest in the 27-year-old defenceman and that they were planning to pare down that list before Tuesday. Thats a task many of the top free agents and their representatives have been going through because its still very much a players market. "Its kind of the double-edged sword," Cheveldayoff said. "Youre trying to find pieces that can maybe push you and the different depths of the free agent market in different years entices you or maybe doesnt excite you. "But its a way to add and if you can do it reasonably and maybe someone fits in your organization and maybe it becomes a long-term thing. You have to take a look at that regardless of the dollars." Follow @SWhyno on Twitter Cheap Heat Jerseys Cheap Bucks Jerseys Cheap Timberwolves Jerseys Cheap Pelicans Jerseys Cheap Knicks Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap Magic Jerseys Cheap 76ers Jerseys Cheap Suns Jerseys Cheap Blazers Jerseys Cheap Sacramento Kings Jerseys Cheap Spurs Jerseys Cheap Raptors Jerseys Cheap Jazz Jerseys Cheap Wizards Jerseys ' ' '
Vyhledat všechny příspěvky tohoto uživatele
Odpovědět s citací příspěvku
Odpovědět 

Skok na fórum:

Uživatel(é) prohlížející si toto téma: 1 Host(é)